Functional mattress replacement system with self-adjusting technology
CuroCell AREA Zone is used as an aid in the prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers up to category 3(1). Recommended user weight is up to 230 kg(2). It is a mattress system that combines air with foam for effective pressure redistribution and great comfort. The mattress is self-adjusting and non-powered. It is a flexible mattress replacement system that can be used in all kinds of healthcare settings, easy to use and handle.
• A function for reduction of shearing forces
• A zone system in the top mattress
• Easy to handle and maintain
• Flexible and self-adjusting
• Handle for transportation
• Hygienic cover with welded seams
• Inner cover of high quality
• Integrated heel function
• Non-powered mattress replacement system
• Reinforced sides for improved lateral stability
• Unique markings on the mattress and cover
CuroCell AREA Zone is specially designed to be used as an effective aid for preventing pressure ulcers. The mattress has good properties regarding pressure, shear and moisture(2,3), three important elements related to effective prevention or treatment of pressure ulcers.
The mattress system combines foam with air for effective pressure redistribution. It contains nine air cells that are divided into zones, which adapt automatically to the user and provides an individual setting.
It is built up with multiple layers of high quality foam. The mattress’ special design reduces shear forces and with the built-in sloped heel function it also reduces pressure on the heel.
CuroCell AREA Zone comes with an elastic and flexible cover that is removable. It has a well-documented standard of hygiene(4) and has welded seams. The soft and elastic material is vapour permeable(5) which reduces risk of skin maceration.
CuroCell AREA Zone has very good pressure redistribution properties and has received a rating of “High pressure relief”(2) in external tests. When tested, the mattress’ capacity of pressure redistribution (PAI) it is reported that 100 % of the pressure on the mattress is below the threshold of 30 mmHg (load 80 kg).
(1) European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel, Quick reference guide, 2009. Action plan against pressure ulcer, Care of Sweden in 2012.
(2) Examination of the pressure relief capability, Berlincert 2012.
(3) SS-EN ISO 15496: 2004, YOUR 53.122.
(4) ISO 16603 ”resistance of penetration by blood and body fluids”, ISO 16604 ”resistance of penetration by blood-borne pathogens”, EN 14126, SS 876 00 19 “Medical textiles – Bacterial penetration – Wet”.
(5) SS-EN ISO 15496: 2004.
|Prevention & Treatment (up to and including)
Pressure Ulcer Category
|Maximum User Weight||230kg (36 st)|
|Maximum User Weight (Evac Model)||130kg (20 st)|
|Length Dimension Variations||200 / 210cm|
|Width Dimension Variations||80 / 85 / 90 / 105 / 120cm|
|Mattress Weight||16kg (90x200cm Model)|